A few days after putting my draft book layout together, I had a tutorial with Geraint so I could show him what I had made and get his advice/help on how or what to improve and change on the layout I had made.
I showed Geraint my InDesign document and let him scroll through the pages, and as he was going through I was talking him through it, and explaining why I did what I did and where I got my ideas from. When Geraint was going through it, he seemed to like what I had done and said it was near enough good to go the way it was. Then when going back through it a second time, he mentioned a few little tweaks I could make to improve it slightly. I made notes on what he wanted me to adjust, as he was speaking…
- repeat the title on the inside page and move my website details down to the bottom of the page
- make sure there is a colour flow through each image, leading to the next. for example if an image has yellow in it, make sure there is a bit of yellow or another colour the same as the first image in the one following it
- reduce the size of the text on the last few pages
- add credit page on how it was made through a collaboration only basis
- swap paige and precious around as paige is the strongest shoot to finish the book on
- move the grid of lily around to make sure there is consistent colour flow
I will now go away and adjust these tweaks that Geraint would like me to make and then confirm where I am going to get it printed and get it sent off.