Once I has a proper look through my first set of images, I selected my best few and decided to edit them. When editing them, I found that having them in black and white looked a lot better than keeping them in colour. I think they look better in black and white as they give the images a more morbid effect, make the images look darker and sadder and because there isn’t any colour distracting the viewer, the main focus is the girl surrounded in all this plastic rubbish.
To edit the images, I simply turned down the saturation to make them black and white. I then adjusted and skated around with brightness, contrast, curves, exposure, dodge and burn. I was happy with how the edits turned out as they were the images I kind of expected to end up with for this project, the main thing is that they tell the narrative of my series and so far I believe they do.